Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010

Elder Brown playing frisbee with his zone near the Cape Coast Castle


Hello again! It definitely feels weird that its already August, but thats good I guess! This week was pretty sweet. Last P-day, right after we e-mailed, we heard about the only place in Cape Coast that has American food. I blew 11 cedis on two burgers and two orders of fries. It was soooooooooooo good it was ridiculous. Today we went to the beach, right by the Cape Coast castle, and played some ultimate frisbee. It was pretty sweet.



Anyway, so I did my first instruction at a meeting on Tuesday, at district meeting. I taught on chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel, Making and Keeping Commitments. One thing I don't think I've told you about yet that's different about Cape Coast mission is that we have something called the Promise Pattern. It's the first thing we'll ever teach to anyone. It's only like a 15-minute lesson, but we have to teach it to absolutely everyone we teach. Basically it just teaches about the importance of making and keeping promises. Its really sweet, President Sabey's such a stud for using it. I went on splits with Elder Chesa again on Tuesday. We went out to a place called Asieduthats in their area to teach a guy named Timothy. He committed to baptism, so that was sweet. He'll be baptized on the 14th of August. While we were out on splits, we were climbing some stairs up to an apartment to teach a lesson, and there was this cat sleeping on one of the stairs. I was like 6 or 7 steps below Elder Chesa, and I wasn't really paying attention to what Elder Chesa was doing. All of the sudden he calls my name, and being the crazy guy he is, he throws the cat at me. So I've got this cat flying at me and I just let it hit me in the fact and it just falls to the ground. Elder Chesa got quite a kick out of it. Thursday was pretty normal, too, the coolest thing was that we taught again (the guy whose wife died) and he committed to baptism. It was really sweet. And I saw a goat give birth. It was weird.



Saturday was a little different, we didn't do any proselyting. Our zone got to go play a football game against a recent convert's club team so that was cool. We thought we were gonna get killed like 8-1 or something, but it was only 3-1 haha. All the guys on the other team were telling me I was pretty fast for an abruni haha. Then later in the day we had interviews with President Sabey. The interview was really good, we just talked about getting used to the mission and stuff. President Sabey is so cool. Elder Chesa got transferred later that evening, so we've been with Elder Keller for little while, he's got a new companion coming tomorrow though. Sunday was pretty cool, since we were in a threesome, we decided to all split and go with a ward missionary to visit tons of people. We visited like 15 plus people in a couple of hours between us.



Other than that, the work is going great! We're going to grab a burger (or 3) today again. I had some weird food this week...cow skin. I'll just leave it at that. My favorite African food so far is still jollof rice, but banku is pretty good too. And I'm addicted to this stuff called Gari for breakfast. It's made out of ground up cassava (like a yam) and I put chocolate powder and peanuts in it, very good.



So everything is going good! Thanks for all the support, reading emails is so sweet, I got like 15 today, it was very nice :) The work is so sweet, I've really gotten used to how I need to teach and everything, and I'm really starting to feel comfortable. My testimony is growing everyday and I'm learning new things everyday. It's so awesome to be here, and I'm loving every minute.



Love you guys so much,

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment