Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011

Good to hear from everybody as always. Sometimes you just get so wrapped up in everything out here, you wonder if there is anything else going on…And so the awesome emails always keep me sane :) Welp.... I am off. Wednesday I leave Kwamo. President called Saturday night, I am going up to Sunyani to be with Elder Mapanje, we wil be the zone leaders up there. I am pretty excited to go up there. Sunyani is going to be an awesome place, everybody that has served there has loved it. It’s funny though, with the transfer, all I wanted to do was serve in a ward or branch...and in Sunyani.... all of the units are groups. 4 units, all mission groups - not even branches yet. About 80 total members in all of Sunyani. The missionaries conduct Sacrament meeting, and the zone leaders, along with the couple missionaries that are there, are the ones in charge of training the future leaders of the groups. So anyway, I am excited for it. It will be tough leaving Kwamo. Yesterday was tough. But, it’s all going to be sweet! The last week in Kwamo was awesome, we saw some great success. I had been worried about leaving Elder Nathan with a little bit of a thin teaching pool, the hardest thing when you are training (.... I had 0 investigators when I started with Elder Timothy....) so we wanted to be able to fill the teaching pool with a lot of serious people so he could teach the new guy well. And you don't just wake up one morning and say "I am going to find serious investigators" and they come. Haha. But, as I have learned before, when you commit to do something the Lord has said, and you put your trust in him by doing every little thing he has asked you, he provides. Saturday we taught a guy named Kwabena. He had come to church a few times with his friend, who we have been teaching, but we had never been able to pin him down to teach him. Saturday we had an awesome lesson with him, and at the end of the first lesson, he committed to be baptized 15 October. The night before, we taught a guy for the first time who me and Elder Thompson had met in Ejisu while we were together on Wednesday. He said that he is a "seeker" - he wants to find the truth. It was sweet because we met him on Wednesday morning, and invited him to mid-week (an activity all of the wards/branches... groups ;) do here - basically like mutual for the whole ward) that night. We didn't know it actually wasn't happening bc Bro. Timothy was out of town, but he showed up at 7 for it, and no one else was there. He called us and was like "I am at your church, no one is here". So obviously he is very serious! We taught him Friday and he came to church with his girlfriend on Sunday!!!! Pretty awesome!!! I was worried that we might have a thin teaching pool, but I leave Kwamo with 9 people who came to church yesterday for Elder Nathan, a dozen progressing investigators, and 8 investigators with baptismal dates. So I guess that’s pretty deep. Well, time is finished. A lot of more awesome stuff from the week, but I gotta get going. I love you guys so much. Things are great here... sometimes I have to laugh about the struggles I have... because the people I have taught here, everything has happened has been so amazing. So I am excited to go see that happen in another place. I love you all!! -Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment