Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 25, 2011

Don't worry, I am ok! Haha, sorry for the late email. Yesterday we had a conference down in Kumasi, so today is our P-Day. The conference yesterday was pretty cool. Another Uruguayan General Authority came to visit us, Elder Eduardo Gaverret of the Seventy. It was an interesting meeting... he gave good instructions. The main thing we talked about was goals. Elder Gavarret made it clear that we need to have goals for our companionships, districts, zones, and the whole mission. The main thing I learned this past week is communication... getting used to a new companion. Elder Mapanje mentioned to Femi after our lesson that he had completed university before coming on mission, which I thought was pretty cool. Later that night I asked him about it and he said yep, he had finished Uni before coming with degrees in History and Philosophy. Pretty legit. Then I asked him what he wants to do after and he said he wants to get a Masters in International Relations! So of course that started some good conversation, which lasted the rest of the evening. He has great goals in life. It will be cool to see where he goes, he wants to be a diplomat or work at the UN. As for teaching, last week was very successful. Elder Mapanje and I have very different teaching styles but we are blending them into quite the harmony of abilities and skills. Our lessons with Femi, with Barnabas and Felicia, with the recent converts, and with some new people we contacted were really good. We still need more sweet investigators, but of course those come as you work hard and the Lord prepares people for you. Looking back at my first few weeks in Kwamo.... man I had NO hope!!! Haha, but things turned out, well, amazingly. So I have great faith the same will be true here. We will be doing a lot more contacting. So, I love you guys a ton. I am learning so much out here. I feel like every day is the first day of my mission. In Abraham 2 verse something it says that 'eternity was our rock and our salvation while we traveled in the wilderness'. That’s what I feel like out here, just traveling in the wilderness, things are happening every second that are teaching me about every little thing I need to know. Time is just such a weird concept on mission, it’s weird to think anything else is going on throughout the world! Just focusing on yourself, your companion, your missionaries, and your investigators causes you to understand things a lot better. So anyway, you guys are awesome, thanks for everything, and stay strong! The Church is true, God loves us, and Jesus is most definitely in charge. Love you guys!!!!! Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment