Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011

Morning morning, fine morning. How is life?! Good? Good. Life is pretty good in... Kwamo. I mean Sunyani. Man it’s still weird I am not there! But in all honesty, it’s not. Haha, if that makes sense. Anyway, the week was cool. Transfer weeks seem like the absolute longest weeks of human existence, but it was cool. Wednesday, Eric came to pick me up to take me to the metro mass station, pretty cool to have your recent convert drive you to the bus station when you are transferred. Sammy tagged along too, I love that kid. He wanted to learn how to play the keyboard, but obviously he has no one to teach him now. I found him a book that you can teach yourself with, and I gave that to him the day before I left. He started crying when I gave it to him... it was tough! Leaving Kwamo was tough. Basically spent Sunday to Tuesday visiting people, saying good bye, and was still able to teach some good lessons. Then woke up early Wednesday, caught the earliest bus to Sunyani, and was there by 11. Elder Mapanje was there to pick me up at the station. He is a sweet guy, he is from Zimbabwe and has been in Sunyani for like 10 months now. I am replacing Elder Russell (Seattle), they had been companions for 10 months. Wowzers. It is weird having a companion that is not new. For 7 months I have been training. I just want to do everything I want to do... but they have been doing things a certain way, and I just can't come in and change things. SO it’s cool learning new things. We ride bikes. A LOT. Which I have never done on mission before. I like walking. Sunyani (pronounced "soon" as in the very near future - "yani" as in one of the greatest musicians of our time) is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet town. MUCH different from Kumasi. It is very quiet, very relaxed. Still a lot of people. Just not very congested. There are no trotros, only taxis. It is the cleanest city in Ghana! Our area is called Nkwabeng. We live in Penkwase, and have to ride bikes every day to our area. Last week, Pres Shulz came up here and organized all of the groups into branches, so that is nice. Almost everyone has been baptized since last year September. And we had 46 people at church on Sunday. Elder Russell and Elder Mapanje have done some great work, I am excited to keep it up. Man there is just so much to write about! Our teaching pool isn't as big as it should be right now, so we have got some work to do. But we at least have one sweet investigator, Femi. He is from NIgeria, here on business. He is a referral from Hassan, and came to church on Sunday. We have taught him about half of lesson 1, and we are going to teach him again tonight. Also two families. The recent converts here are pretty good about giving referrals, it’s just that there aren't many members!! Haha. So I will probably have a lot of contacting ahead of me again. The church is so young in Sunyani it’s crazy. So it’s pretty cool to be in a new place again, see how it grows. One of their recent converts is named Al-Sadat. He is half Egyptian, half Ghanaian. Well, like I said, there are a billion things I could write about, but as always... time is short. Long story short, transfers are tough, but things are cool. The missionaries are awesome up here, very obedient, very hard working. I get to go to Cape Coast tomorrow for zone leader council. I will be on a bus ALL DAY tomorrow. Oh well.. haha. Go Rangers! And congrats again to Hayden! Love you guys, -Elder Brown Send my regards to everybody in D-Town!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment