Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

What a week... it was a way tough week in Kwamo. Lots of stuff going on, some good and bad, and sometimes I feel like I am going crazy, but its all coming along. Doing our best, some times - most of the time - everything doesn't go the way you want it to. Like from Thursday to Sunday, we only had like two teaching appointments that worked out. Every morning we would plan out a full day of appointments... and then no one would be home. It made the days pretty long, but we got through it. A lot of contacting still, but we do have a few serious investigators, so we are doing our best.

We will have a baptism this Sunday, for Eric and Thomas, I am really excited for this one. Eric is so cool. Thomas is sweet too. His wife has come to church with him all three times.

A few things from last week; The way I heard about the missionary couple from Dallas was that I went on splits to a place called Daban a few months ago and I met a member who had joined the church in the 80s, and I asked her how she joined the church. She said there was a missionary couple from Dallas who she met. Since they were from Dallas I though that was kind of cool, and she said she had their address so I thought I would write them haha. So it was kind of random, but I am glad they got the letter. The church has gone from being one or two branches in Kumasi when they were there to about to be divided into 2 stakes, so I thought they might be interested in hearing about what’s going on from a missionary here. So anyway, that’s how they came about.

We started riding bikes this week. Onnye easy koraaaaaaaaaa! Haha it’s not easy riding those things in the hills of Ashanti region! Probably won't ride them to much. But it’s nice when we need to get somewhere quick.

Lets see.... what else.... oh yeah, yesterday after church, President called us to come back to Kwamo quick because they were bringing a new couple missionary up and were passing by our apartment and wanted to show it to them. Our apartment is literally right on the road side of the Kumasi-Accra road (the equivalent of living 10 yards from I-35, no guardrails or anything) and so they wanted to stop by to see inside the apartment. So we got to see President and Sister Sabey one last time, and also go to be the first missionaries to see the Zolls, the new couple. They are from Sandy, UT. They are veryyyyyyyyyyyy nice. They will live in Asokwa and will be in our district. Apparently their assignment is to make sure all of the small groups, like Kwamo, stay in order, so we will have their help it seems like. They will come to our Sacrament on Sunday. Which brings me to another thing adding to my craziness... I am in charge of running church in Kwamo until they call a group leader. So I have to preside at Sacrament meeting, make the program, ask people to give talks, teach classes, etc. for a little while. I think I might go crazy, seriously. For a lot of reasons that is hard to go into details about... but man I hope this stuff works out. So..... pray that Sacrament meeting in Kwamo, Kumasi, Ghana, goes well this Sunday...

So, I said a lot of times I might go crazy, and it might be true, but the week was still sweet :) A lot of new investigators, hopefully some will be serious, and hopefully this Sunday will be a success. The baptism after should make it all good, I am very excited for this one. Eric is so funny, his testimony is so strong, and he lets you know it! And man our recent converts are doing great too. In Elders Q yesterday, I sat next to Cosmos and Thomas, then Cliff was next to Cosmos, Degraft next to Thomas, and Miller next Degraft. Then Eric was sitting right in front of me. I just looked around and smiled about how blessed I have been here, even with all of the trials that have happened. Capped the week well with a nice lesson to Emmanual and Olivia yesterday. Emmanual got in a car accident going to Accra last week, so we hadn't been able to meet them. But luckily he is ok, and yesterday we had a nice discussion and they promised to come to church this Sunday.

Welp, I love you guys. You are the biggest help and strength to me, and I think about every day how thankful I am for what you have done for me. So, keep being awesome and doing all the great things you are doing. I miss tejas... but Kumasi is where its at right now :)

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment