Monday, October 4, 2010

September 27, 2010

Memo wo akye! Sounds like you and H are having fun on your own back in Tejas. Hopefully the house doesn't fall apart later today. I'm not sure if I'll have time to write Mom too, so at least forward this to her as well. Thanks for all the updates. Sounds like it's definitely a rebuilding year for BYU. Elder Adams is from Reno so he's pretty happy UNR won. It sounds like UNR is pretty legit though, wins versus BYU and CAL on the road is pretty good, Kaepernick is probably getting a hard look for the Heisman I would guess. Hopefully BYU can just get out of the year with 8 wins or something.

Anyway, this week was another sweet week in Africa! It rained a ton this week, pretty much every day. I had Toto stuck in my head all day. I only know one line to the song so it kind of got old, "I miss the rains down in Africa...doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo." I'll have to learn the whole song when I get home ;) But I love the rain here, it keeps it from being a gazillion degrees all day. Plus I get to rock my bright yellow rain jacket :) That thing is so fresh! Tuesday we had a combine district meeting in the Cape Coast Chapel since it was the last week of the transfer. There were four guys that left, so it was good to see them before they left. The other elders who left were Elder Marmimira (from Zimbabwe, transferred to Sunyani), Elder Hodson (from Orem, transferred to Swedru), and of course, my boy Elder Keller (went to Kumasi). Elder Bahme and Elder Pinnel came down and chilled with us in Yamoransa on Wednesday for a little while before he went to the mission to get the low down on Sunyani. It was fun, Elder Pinnel's new companion is my MT, Elder Bunker. It was sad seeing Elder Keller and Elder Bahme go, probably won't see them for a while since they're in the northern part of the mission. Elder Wiah's new companion is Elder Mortensen, from Centerville, Utah. He's really cool, he was training my MT, Elder Rosquist, in Swedru.

Thursday we taught Andrew again. He came to church again on Sunday, and will be baptized October 9th, the first day he can! Investigators have to come to church four times before they can be baptized. He'll probably end up being in the Elder's Q presidency or something before I even leave.

Saturday was sweet, Augustina was baptized. It was a really cool baptism because it was really small, only her family came, but was sweet because her baptism completes the family. Next stop, the temple! All of the people we baptized last Sunday were confirmed this Sunday, except for David, who came late for some reason...He'll be confirmed next week. A few recent converts were interviewed to receive the Priesthood yesterday, too, so it will be sweet to see them ordained on Sunday.

So it was another sweet week in Ghana! We won't get to see conference this week, probably not for a month or so. Thanks for all the love and support and everything! It's awesome to hear from you guys every week!!!! Love you guys, stay fresh in Texas.

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment