Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 25, 2010 with pictures!

These are some pictures Griffin sent us. They came on a CD, so I'm not 100% sure who/what they are all of :) Enjoy-


We are pretty sure this is Elder Brown's zone:

Griffin wrote about the baptism in the ocean, here is a picture from it:







We are assuming this is him helping at the new chapel in Moree:







Memo wo akye! That's so tight the Rangers won, I was so excited to get the email to find that out! Of course it doesn't happen until after I leave, but oh well. Hopefully they stick it to the Giants. Are you going to go to one of the games? You definitely should. You have to in fact, I am making it a requirement. If you don't I won't send you an email next week :) Random question, is Max Hall starting for the Cardinals? I heard he was...I also heard Michael Vick is tearing it up. Truth?

So anyway I got your package with the jump rope and CD player this week. Everything is good, you sent me the same exact CD player Elder Adams has, really ironic haha. That Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD you sent me is so hilarious! It just makes me think of Sunday back home, hearing Bruce R. McConkie's voice and everything, so weird. But very cool :) The Oreos were flipping amazing, those are my favorite kind of Oreos, so you've done well. They were gone in about 20 minutes haha. The stickers and Pez dispensers are always awesome as well!

The week was pretty good, seemed like we weren't busy at all just because we were so busy last week with the big baptism. We've still got some sweet investigators right now, like Jacob who will be baptized this weekend, but we just need to find some more to have a full teaching pool. We'll have to teach a lot of recent converts too over the next few weeks, so we'll at least stay busy with that. Andrew blessed the Sacrament in Church on Sunday, it was so sweet! He's just an all-around stud. Isac passed the Sacrament too.

The ward is taking a temple trip in a few weeks, so we will be preparing a lot of our recent converts for that. Andrew is especially is excited, we have already filled out some basic pedigree stuff with him, up to his grandparents. With our new mission goal, we need to help one of our recent prepare names for the temple, and I'm sure we'll be able to accomplish that with Andrew soon. Isaac was a referral from Stephen, a recent convert himself, so we completed that half of the goal already.

Well I can't really think of anything else from the week. Thanks for the Fante trip, I literally called the Saunders the morning before I got that package asking if we could order Fante triples, but I got one in my package that very day! We went farming this week at a less active lady's farm. We weeded and chopped stuff with cutlasses for a few hours, I got about 7 blisters on my hand...not fun haha. But my hands will toughen up. We met with the bishopric yesterday at church to teach them about what's expected of them with missionary work in the ward. We're trying to set it up where we have home teachers for investigators before they are baptized, so hopefully that works out. We got Preach My Gospel books for the whole ward council. The chapel is going well, there are problems just like with any chapel, but its going well. Most of the people working on the chapel are members, so that's sweet. Its right at the front of town; it'll be the first thing anyone see when they come into town. Sacrament meeting attendance will probably double once it is finished. The missionaries in Moree will have a field day once it is finished. Who knows, it could even be me! That'd mean I'd be in my first area for a year. It happens here, one guy stayed in his first area for 14 months, left for 3 months, and then went back to his old area, and he is going home next week. Pretty crazy.

Anyway thanks for everything. I love you and miss you a ton, but I don't think I could be anywhere else in the world right now!
I love you guys!

-Elder Brown


Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment