Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 18, 2010

Yo yo wazzup. I say yo all the time here, it's actually a Fante word that means "ok" but I just use it for everything haha. Anyway I was really glad to hear the Rangers won, right when I leave they play for a pennant! Geez. Oh well, I'll be hoping for the Rangers-San Fran world series. BYU (football)...glad I'm in Africa :)

So anyway the week was sweet here, really hectic, but that's how its supposed to be! The highlight was on Saturday with the baptisms, I'll get to that later. We had a fun FHE at a Yamoransa member's house last Monday. The funniest thing was he had his little 5 year old son conduct the music and it was sooooooooooooooooo flippin cute. The kid was directing perfectly! It was a pretty normal FHE, and they gave us these plantain cakes. They were really spicy...They said it was their specialty. They are a really sweet family, so it was fun. Especially the kid conducting.

So basically the whole week we were busy preparing for the baptism. We have got some sweet investigators that are doing really well, one is John. We met him randomly, he walked into a members house while we were teaching their daughter getting her ready for baptism. He read the Restoration pamphlet and the Joseph Smith pamphlet in a week, and is already telling us how excited he is to learn more. He has come to church the last two weeks too. He is already talking about going on a mission (he's 22) and he is just so excited about the church. it's sweet to see guys like that. Another guy is Jacob, his girlfriend is a member, so of course he's doing well...haha. He'll be baptized in the next couple weeks, he has been coming to church for awhlie. He is a barber so he cuts our hair for free. I get sweet African haircuts every week! He never cut an oboruni's hair before me and Elder Adams haha.

The baptism was on Saturday. This was definitely my favorite baptism so far, it was my first baptism where I have been involved in the finding and teaching process with each investigator from the beginning. We've been blessed to have a lot of success lately, we had this baptism and will have another sweet one soon, and it's just because we've been working hard and doing what we're supposed to. We proselyte the full nine hours everyday, and it's really paying off.

Well it's sweet to hear from you guys every week. We played some frisbee on the beach today, and we'll probably have a burrito night withe Elder Pinnel and Elder Bunker (my MTC mate) tonight. We can make some legit tortillas and then put rice, tomato stew, beans and canned tuna on it. Mos def not Chipotle, but what can ya do? :) I was craving a chipotle chicken sandwich on asiago focaccia the other day :) Eat a couple for me this week.

I love you guys, you guys are freakin awesome! Thanks for everything and keep loving life in Tejas (and California, and Utah, and Oregon, and anywhere else all my peeps might be!)

Love from CC Ghana,
Elder Brown

P.S.- Elder Brown says sorry to everyone this week about not having enough time to write everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment