Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26, 2010

Alright, questions first so I don't forget to answer:

They sing in English because they don't have Fante hymnbooks. The Relief Society translated a few hymns that they sing in Fante. I haven't played the keyboard yet, but I'm going to soon. We go into Cape Coast every P-Day to go to an Internet cafe. We eat a lot of fish. I haven't seen many"sights" yet. No castles or anything yet. Every P-day we go into Cape to use internet, go to the market and get anything we need. We'll play a lot of football and we've had a "feast" where we watched a movie in the chapel and that's about it. We're supposed to go to the beach to play football today, but we're going next week instead. We pretty much cook all our food separate, but never really make anything big anyway. I cook a lot of eggs, oats, noodles, and rice and that's about it. They have this custard kind of stuff that's good for breakfast. I'm gonna try my hand at making some real African Stew this week, so we'll see how it goes.

So this week was a little different. It was good, but just different. I went on splits with the guys from our apartment three times. So I was only in Moree three times last week. It was good to proselyte in Yamoransa a few times though. I actually went to church in Yamoransa yesterday too instead of Moree.

Some kids in Moree freak out when they see me and Elder Adams walk by. But a few days ago some kids went absolutely ballistic when they saw us! It was ridiculous! We just walked by and they started screaming like they had just seen a ghost or something. And they backed up against the wall and were like cowering away from us. I had never seen two kids so scared in my life. I didn't know I could be so scary...

Probably the coolest lesson of the week was with a guy we met on one of my first days here. He came up to us as we were going home and said he wanted to meet with us. He told us where he lived, but he was never home. He gave us his number, but he never answered the phone. So we sort of just wrote it off as a guy who wasn't serious. But then on Thursday we decide that we should just give him another call and this time he answers. He seemed sort of distraught on the phone, but he tells us that he living at different place and that we could come by that night. So we go by, and it ends u that his wife had died unexpectedly two days before. He's only like 30, if that. So we taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he just ate it up. It was really cool.

Well anyway this one will be a little shorter because I want email some other people back, I haven't been able to do that! (sorry everyone who has emailed me!)

Oh yeah, in the next email tell me which day I was born on. I was thinking its Saturday, but I want to make sure. Fante names are given based on what day you were born on. I hope it was Saturday because if it was my name would be Kwame. Just call me the biggest bust in the last 15 years, Kwame Brown.

Yabahyeuh,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment