Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 19, 2010

Hello hello! How is it back in the good ol US?? I'm really glad I'm getting to email right now, we came in the morning and the internet wasn't working. We sat at the computer waiting for a connection for an hour...wasted a couple cedis but oh well, it's working now!

So the week was pretty good, nothing too crazy happened. Probably the coolest thing happened with one of our football contacts. During the last football game, we contacted this guy named Steven. We were sort of doing last ditch contacting during the games because we didn't have any solid investigators from the matches, and we came upon this guy. We taught him three lessons this week, and after the third lesson he told us that he believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true! So only five days after the initial contact, he told us he believes the Book of Mormon! It was really cool.

Me and Elder Adams ate at Brother Pratt's again (our 1st counselor in the bishopric). He made us rice balls and soup. The rice balls and soup were pretty good. I eat so much bread here it's ridiculous. I'll eat almost a whole loaf a day.

We're teaching another guy named Sammy who's a stud too. He's a taxi driver that speaks English really well. He's Brother Pratt's best friend. We taught the Restoration and the Book of Mormon lessons on Friday and he was pretty much bearing his testimony the whole lesson rather than having us teach him. He's had a Book of Mormon since we started teaching him, and he loves reading it.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but all of our church services are in Fante. SO me and Elder Adams aren't really sure what's going on at church haha. They'll sing the hymns in English though. We're taking Fante classes from a teacher in the ward, Master Mackay. We've had a few lessons and we're learning a lot, so hopefully I'll be able to learn it really well really fast! Master Mackay is tight, he will always have his kids go buy us a Coke before our lessons haha.

Random things of the week:
-The kids' favorite toy is to take a really long stick and push a little spool along the ground. They'll do it for hours haha.
-There's goats, chickens and sheep running all over the place in Moree. The people will paint the chickens pink so vultures and hawks don't swoop down and grab them.

Well anyway it was another great week! We played some football today for P-day. I scored but it was only because the goalie tripped or something haha. Sounds like it's going great back home. I got some tight stuff in Cape Coast today. I got this ultra fresh white watch for 7 cedis (like 4 dollars). Hayden would be very jealous. I got a football jersey (with matching shorts haha) for 10 cedis. It's a Chelsea jersey because everyone in Ghana loves Chelsea, because Michael Essien plays for them. I could've gotten a Lebron James jersey for 10 cedis haha. And I got the sickest Puma hat every for 50 peswas! That's like 30 cents! No joke! Haha, you can get some sweet stuff here for super cheap.

Well anyway, I've got to get going! I love you guys!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment