Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012

The weeks are just flying by and it is crazy to be where I am at. But great things are happening each and every day and life is great. Honestly, I am so happy every day... even though things aren't perfect and physically I am just toasted, walking around each day I am so happy... it’s sweet to be able to look back and see the things that have happened on my mission and not have any regrets. Makes me happy for every little thing I did over the course of these couple of years that played into that - every prayer, study sesh, companionship study, ironing my shirt, shining my shoes, not listening to music or watching movies or whatever... life is good. Thanks for helping me make those good decisions every day!!! One of the sweetest parts of the week was teaching a new guy. A few weeks ago, we had contacted a different guy. He was pretty cool, a university graduate. We talked a little bit and eventually asked if he went to any church, and he said that he didn't see the point in going to church anymore. We explained to him that we have a message that gives a fresh view on Christianity and religion that we would like to share with him. He wasn't that all that interested, but said we could come back later when we had time. We went back the next week to see him, and instead found his twin brother. He was the same - a graduate of KNUST in Kumasi (where I stayed for a few months last year before going to Kwamo) and fed up with religion. But he was willing to listen to us because he read about us on Wikipedia the night before. Read about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and our belief in Eternal Marriage. It was pretty tight. The next day we gave the entire message of the Restoration in about 30 minutes, and he loved it. Went back on Saturday, he had read over 10 pages in the Book of Mormon, and said he prayed for the first time in 3 years and that it felt good. We taught a lesson that went into depth with the Book of Mormon - he was taking notes and eating it all up. And then... the next day he came to church. And said he was "touched" by the service. Pretty awesome. He is ready to go, hopefully can teach everything over the next few weeks and have everything ready to go for him. Pretty stoked to teach him more!!!!! We had our first Sunyani district conference yesterday. President Shulz came and organized the district. Elder Thayne is the President and Bro. Mintah, who was the Penkwase president, will be his counselor. We had almost 200 people at the conference - all of the missionaries combined had 34 investigators there. Pretty legit. Everyone loved it, and it’s going to do so much with having the district here now. Well a lot else happened this week, but that’s all the time I got right now!! I got some packages this week - the pics of Dad on his mission are CRAZY!!! Haha honestly it is so weird to see him. The one of him reading GQ is pretty funny - don't think that was in the missionary approved library!!!! Haha. It’s good to see that missionaries are always immature, even if they are your Dad 30 years ago :) Well anyway, life is great and I am doing my best to finish the best I can. I love you guys and thanks for everything!!!! You are da best!!!!! -Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment