Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

Waddup!!! Life is good here too!!! We had a nice week... my last zone conference was on Friday. A lot different than I expected when I gave my "departing" testimony. I remember my first zone conference down in Cape, there were 6 zones there, almost a hundred missionaries, and five missionaries gave their departing testimonies in front of everybody. So, I totally pictured mine being given down in the Ola chapel in Cape Coast, or in the Bantama chapel in Kumasi, in front of like 50 missionaries. But, it was in a little rented building in Sunyani, in front of 8 missionaries, a senior couple, and the mission president. Not exactly how I had imagined it 22 months ago. But, it’s exactly how I would've wanted it. It was a great zone conference, Elder McFarland and I instructed on how to do "Gospel Conversations", or casual contacting while we go along our ways through the day, and about "Going about doing good", serving in simple ways every day. It seems everyone received it pretty well. Then we learned about how to work with members better. Outside of the zone conference we just had a pretty normal week. Did some service in Estates to plant some corn in order for the church to have a little something to have the next few months, and played a football match with the members on Saturday, against the Church of Christ. It was fun... the same here as back home though, sports DOES NOT bring out the best in Mormons!!!!! Haha :) I was exhibit A when it came to that back home!!!! Haha. Oh my gawsh... intramurals woho!!!!! BYU intramural football better get used to the Brown-Brown connection down there on there on the football pitch, I mean field. Taught Princeton again yesterday, moving along slowly, he was busy with finals this week. But we talked a lot about the Book of Mormon yesterday and he was very impressed that it wasn't a commentary on the Bible, but rather a book of scripture comparable to the Bible. I am sure he has read the Introduction and all that, should see him again on Thursday, he lives out in a place kind of far, so we only go there on Thursdays and Sundays. The twins were busy all week selling their refrigerators, but we did get another sweet new investigator in the same area, Albert. He is a radio announcer and is super interested in the church. Researched a lot on the net, and wants to be baptized. So just gotta teach him a lot and see when that can happen!! Maybe before I go!!! Could be too fast though. Big news, Andrew is gonna be a father!!!!! Pretty sweet!!! I told you that Elder Adams got to be at his sealing, now he is going to have a kid!!! Hopefully it’s a boy so he can name him Griffin Garrett!!!! Or something like that haha. It’s just awesome... it’s just so true that if you bring one soul, that’s all that matters. All while I have been on mission, Andrew learned the gospel, was baptized, received the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods, was called to be the Ward Executive Secretary, was sealed in the temple, and now will have his first child, born in the covenant. Wowzers. And honestly it was nothing I did that caused this to happen, Elder Adams and I just got the wheels turning by teaching him what he wanted to know. And to think that Cosmos will have that soon, Barnabas and Felicia.... it’s just too much to think about sometimes. Life is great and the blessings of the gospel and missionary work are real. Ennye easy koraa, but eyie!!! Eyie PAAA!!!!!!! Love you guys so much!!!!! Your support has been invaluable, I just keep mustering the courage every day to realize that yes, even though I have accomplished a lot here, it’s not over and I can't sit back and relax, gotta keep going strong!!!!! Love you all!!!!! -Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment