Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

Wazzup!!! Great to hear from everybody this week, got a lot of emails. Got an email from Andrea, and her keyboard wasn't working so it looked like a 4 year old wrote it haha. So it was fun reading that one :)

The last several weeks have just been crazy, but everything is going on well. Week #2 at Kwamo went very well again, had about 75 people at church on Sunday. Brother Timothy is so serious about this stuff. We had like 4 PECs throughout the week. On Saturday we had the sweetest meeting. We just discussed about the program for Saturday and people who could fulfill callings, and about activities and stuff we should do. But then at the end, he just started talking about how he joined the church and the journey he has taken through life. Pretty amazing. Something special IS happening in Kwamo!!!! He interviewed people yesterday to be: Elder's Q prez, RS pres, YM prez, YW prez, SS pres, and Prim prez, and he will have a counseler and a clerk in the next few weeks as well. That’s pretty legit if you ask me! :)

Eric and Thomas were confirmed yesterday, I got to confirm Thomas, we had a member confirm Eric. These two guys are both so serious.

Church just about drained every ounce of mental energy I could possibly procure out of my being. Busy from 7:30 - 9 setting up for church. Then I played the piano at church, and also gave a talk. Which I had no time to prepare for, I completely winged it, but luckily I am pretty good at that. But winging it makes your mind go a little crazy! I spoke about agency, because Bro. Timothy followed me with the Plan of Salvation, so I thought it would fit in well. Then, I had to teach youth class, which I also winged. Just opened up my scriptures to John 17 and went from there haha. So that finished, and then we had Priesthood. I thought someone
was assigned to teach, and there was someone, but guess who? Yep... me. So I winged it for the third time in three hours! Bro Timothy told me the lesson was ch 30 from Gospel principles, so I just went from there, it was about charity. you know how I love charity, so I had fun with that! :) Used my boy Moroni over and over. I guess I did ok winging it again haha. Luckily some guys gave a lot of input, so that was helpful. Oh, and top of all this, guess who came to church at Kwamo?! President and Sister Shulz and the APs!!!! My head was going to explode!!! But, I guess everything went ok. Had 75 people at church, 15 investigators, 2 people got confirmed, and we taught a lesson afterwards to Lizzy, who committed to be baptize 24 July. Entered the apartment around 2 o clock, ate a huge plate of rice, and
zonked on the bed for like 30 minutes. Then.... out the door to proselyte :) Mission is a wonderful ride!

So.... today is transfers... Calls will come later today.

We had interviews with President and Sister Shulz on Friday. They are way sweet. Sister Shulz reminds me of Sister Cochran a lot - just super happy to be doing what she is doing, excited about it, and wants everybody else to be excited about it. And President Shulz is really
funny, but also super serious. Sat down for the interview and he got right down to the point. "So.. Elder Brown. Are you a good missionary?" Pretty serious first question! Haha. Hard to answer that one, but I just said that I am trying my best! It was a sweet interview. This is his fourth mission... wowzers! He knows what he is doing for sure.

So anyway, the time is far spent. Life is going on great, Oh yeah, we got the packages you sent. This was the best package yet. Also got one from Grandma H - Pretzel M&Ms are da bomb! Also got the letter from the Housleys - it seems that Bro Housley was the one I met at the temple in Dallas when I was going for the first time. They had a SERIOUS impact on Kumasi. Honestly got everything started here. Even in Kwamo branch there are people who were taught by the Housleys. Also got letters from my boy rupes in Chile, one of my boyz from BYU. His real name is Elder Myres. And one from Mom with H’s High Adventure pics, lookin’ like a S-T-U-D!!!!

Love you guys!!!! Pray that I am still in Kumasi next week! But, I'll go where He wants me to go ;)

-Elder Brown Kwesi Poku

No comments:

Post a Comment