Monday, November 15, 2010

November 8, 2010

Wazzup! Sounds like its been a sweet week in Denton, besides the Rangers losing :( Sorry about that, but oh well, they'll win it in 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to here H was a human highlight reel, wish I coulda been there. And finally BYU! That's just what they needed, a bye week to get regrouped and then pound a terrible team into submission. Sounds like Heaps was pretty efficient. I just hope (but not pray, that's bad) that the Cougs can pull it together for another miracle in Salt Lake in a few weeks. I'm getting a lot of grief from the U fans here and so it'd be nice to have scoreboard for another year. Hopefully the U gets derailed a little bit because of the TCU pounding. Does it look like TCU will have a shot at the National Championship? Hope so. Glad Guyer won, I'm sure the refs were gunning for a Southlake win. Not even kidding, I bet they were.

The work on the chapel is going sweet. Pres. Freeze asked if I was digging a grave in one of the pics, but I was digging a hole for a foundation pole actually! Well I didn't dig all that much, sort of just climbed in for a pic :) It's sweet to see the work going, they put up lights so they can work at night too. And a lot of the people working are members of Moree ward.

So here is the news from the week. First off, we got our water back on (Ye da nyame ase). It would have been sooooo terrible not having it on for a longer period of time. Elder Katoa came on Wednesday, he's so tight! His last two companions were marines, so he's gotten huge. We're all gonna work out a lot this transfer so we can get big like him haha. He played professional rugby in Tonga, so maybe we'll learn a few things about that. He loves to roast pig, so we'll be doing that this weekend for Elder Mortensen's year mark!!!! It's gonna be sweet!!!!!!! He's just a really cool guy.

The rest of the week went really well. We've got a really cool new investigator, Belinda. She came to the church with her uncle a few weeks ago, and she has loved everything we have taught her.

I finished my first journal last week! Pretty crazy....it was the one Grandma H gave me, so now I'm on to a new one. Alright only twelve minutes left, so I'm not stopping to correct anything, if there are errors, kose aye! So the week besides that was cool. We have a phone when we proselyte now since Elder Adams is the DL, so that makes things a little bit easier. Our teaching pool is somewhat small still, but it's growing as we're getting some more referrals and stuff. We met with Francis again finally last week. He's a really really good guy. We met a guy named Akom who is really cool. He's an older guy, maybe late 50's. We go into his room and he's got a Book of Mormon, a Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and the Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Heber J. Grant and at least five others!!! Crazy. He said his brother who died recently was a member, and that he just likes to read about anything religious. It will be interesting to see how it goes. He is a Buddhist...and since I think Buddhism is pretty dang sweet, it'll be fun to teach him. I can throw down with some of my knowledge of the Dhammaphada :) Aunt Krissy even wrote a quote from Buddha in my little family book which I love!!!!!! Ps I love that book.

Anyway, four minutes left, gotta wrap up. One thing I can't forget: I want a package of just cheese!!!!!! There is no cheese here!!!!!!!!!!!! EZ Cheese, nacho cheese packets, blocks of cheese, anything!!!! E. Mortensen said he got a package of cheese, and that it was the sweetest package ever. So send me a flat-rate envelop chocked full of cheese :) Tons of EZ Cheese and Cheese Whiz all right?! :D I can already taste the bacon cheddar cheese whiz in my mouth :) Well actually I can't because it's not here!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! A lot

Buh bye,

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment