Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 6, 2010


Rise and Shout! Not gonna lie I was anxious all week to hear the news haha (editor's note- BYU football winning). It's good they won, I would've gotten depressed...haha just kidding. But sounds like it went well, the independence news is really sweet, the ESPN deal is awesome. It'll be sweet to see how it all works out.


Sounds like all is going well back home. The week in Moree was good! We had our baptism on Saturday. Four people were baptized on Saturday from Moree. We did a big combined baptism with Mankessim, Yamoransa, and Abakrampa so there was like 10 people baptized or so.It was a really good baptism. I played the piano and like halfway through the opening President Sabey comes and sits down right in front of me so I was trying not to mess up and stuff haha. Sister Sabey was impressed with piano skillz, she said she was thinking about how her mother told her when she was little that she needed to learn the piano!


The week was sweet. We got a sweet referral from Papa Fynn. He introduced us to his friend Andrew. We've met with him three times already, taught all of the Restoration lesson. He says that he really likes it and that it is "uplifting" him. He has a cousin that's a member, so he came to our lesson on Sunday.


We went on splits with one of the APs on Thursday, Elder Hill (Ogden, UT)...he helped us learn a lot. He plays the guitar and is super musical and stuff so we had a good time talking about music and messing around on the guitar. The other AP is Elder Agyemang, a native Ghanaian from Kumasi. The chapel continues to go forth, they are setting the foundation today.


I'm actually pretty stoked about learning Fante and Twi. I can learn Fante and Twi and then when I get home go study abroad in France or whatever to perfect my French. Plus I think if I stay in the International Relations majors I want to learn a language like Mandarin or Arabic for the major. We'll see though!


Thanks again for everything. I got package last week, all the ties are sweet!!!!! The skinny tie is especially fresh! I love you guys, thanks for everything!!!


-Elder Brown


PS-tell everybody via the blog or whatever I wish I could email everybody every week but I only have small time, so id I don't email you back it's not because I don't love you!!!!! I even have to type like a mad man to email a few people each week.


The picture is from the Cape Coast castle. We went there today with Elders Bahme, Pinnel, Keller and Wiah. Very sobering thinking about what went on in there. I walked through the "Door of No Return" and sat in the dungeons. It was very humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment